This evening, I finally took the time to investigate the bowels of my EEE PC netbook again. After finding out that my old files were password protected and giving up on salvaging my old files, I decided to put my computer back together again.
…and to my suprise, it actually booted up again! Lo and behold, I was able to sign into my user profile and copy a few of the non-backed-up files. Then, with a shudder, I reinstalled the Windows OS (using function keys wheee!) and started my netbook from scratch.
I just finished transferring over most of my backed-up files, although the music folder is still a work-in-progress, as I’m whittling away at the poorly-organized copied iTunes folder before I move it back to y netbook.
I’m so happy to be up and running again. Back to the blogs for me!